Foods That Support Gut Health
Nutrition plays a HUGE role in your gut health and overall wellness of your microbiome. The saying ‘food is medicine’ is true AND good food is great preventative medicine!
Here is a little cheat sheet for good foods (and drinks) for your gut –
- Probiotics & Prebiotics through foods and supplementation
- Raw Green Fibrous Veggies
- Fermented Foods
- Water, Water & More Water
- Prebiotics Rich Foods; Bananas, Asparagus and Artichoke
- Polyphenols Rich Foods; Olive Oil, Berries, Nuts & Green Tea
- Pineapple – For digestive enzyme properties
- Peppermint – For digestive properties
Since gut health is dependent on your unique microbiome, be sure to listen to your body when it comes to food choices. Using my Wellness Journal Template can be helpful in tracking what works and does not work for YOUR body. You can download that template within the FREE Cleanse & Create 30-Day Whole Person Wellness & Detox Program. Visit cleanseandcreate.com to enroll!